Wrap Up November
It’s all about style this November. If all you want to do is hibernate, we’re giving you inspiration for a bedroom revamp. We have clothing must-haves to keep you warm and stylish this winter. There’s also nothing like a new outfit to help get you into the festive spirit, and we’ve got everything you need to create looks that are perfect for the season ahead.
On a serious note, nearly half of all people sleeping rough in the UK on an autumn night are in London and the South East. The Brewery management team and retailers are coming together this month to experience what it is like to sleep on the streets. We show you how you can support this worthwhile cause.
Step Into The New Season
When it comes to updating your wardrobe all you need are a few new pieces to refresh your look and breathe life into your existing wardrobe. Karen Peters-Amphlett, Personal Stylist at Style by KPA, gives us her top three picks this winter:
- If you’re looking for a new coat to see you through the colder months then you can’t go wrong with a quilted jacket. There are so many different styles in the shops at the moment, you can go with any colour, from khaki to bright blue. Remember to choose a length that works for you. TK Maxx has a wonderful selection!
- Boots this year are chunkier than ever! Think Chelsea boots with thick soles – there are plenty of options, from ankle boots to knee highs. Wear now with skirts and dresses, or tuck your jeans or leggings in as the weather gets colder.
- Nothing screams winter like a chunky knit. This year it’s all about stripes. Go for a classic Breton stripe with navy on cream, or try the reverse with cream on navy. They look great teamed with jeans and leather, or if you’re feeling brave and want to go for a print clash, stripes look amazing with leopard print too.
Sweet Dreams Are Made of This
With the clocks in wintertime, our beds are calling us! November is a great time for a bedroom revamp. Transform winter nights into cosy ones by:
- Creating warmth and brightness to any space with lighting from Argos.
- Keeping extra warm by adding a couple of throws in different colours and textures (we love pink and grey.)
- Shopping for soft blankets and scatter cushions. Just like winter clothing, layering is key! We love The Range.
- ‘Dressing the bed’. Have fun mixing patterns, textures and finishes. Silks, wool and velvets make for a solid winter collection. Visit Homesense.
- Adding a touch of hotel luxury. Stimulate your senses with reed diffusers and select scents that are uplifting and calming. Lavender and chamomile promote deep sleep.
Sleep.8. is your real-life Pinterest board. Their Black Friday sale is on for the entire month and if you’re purchasing a bed and mattress at the same time you can save 50% off the total. Sweet dreams!
Stand Out In The Gold
This Christmas and New Year we might get to party in person! Occasionwear is back – think sequin dresses, six-inch heels and clutch bags. The best part? You can keep said outfit and wear it again for NYE – a party dress isn’t just for Christmas!
From metallic to sequin, there’s plenty of choice at TK Maxx to carry you through the festive season in style. We love show-stopping sparkle dresses. Alternatively, go sleek with a long evening dress for the ultimate Red Carpet look. Jumpsuits are a great option if you’re spending some of the night outside.
With a focus on sustainability, visiting AHAVA COMMUNITY (Hope4Havering) might present that vintage lace dress, meaning the chances of you wearing the same as Kate in HR is less of a possibility! For a timeless classic, recycle a cocktail dress by dressing it up with gold heels and clutch bag.
Strut into the party season in statement heels or comfortable flats adorned with jewels. Dance the night away in dazzling style and top off your look with sparkling gold accessories. You’ll be the star of the show and stand out in the Gold!
Supporting homelessness this November
According to Crisis, the national charity for homeless people, there are 160,000 homeless households in Britain. While The Brewery Management Team is sleeping outside this month, there are plenty of ways you can support them.
- Make any donation you can through the dedicated page. https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/brewery-sleepout
- Donate food and useful kitchen items to AHVAVA COMMUNITY (Hope4Havering) in the centre.
- Enter our Facebook competition to win exclusive SleepOut merchandise.
Find out more at: https://www.thebreweryromford.com/sleepout-2021/